Susan Agrios is committed to results. As an elite athlete, educator and highly trained fitness professional, she not only understands the physical mechanics of people, but also recognizes the fundamental importance of the mind body connection.
Over the last two decades, Agrios has helped clients improve their fitness and harness their energy to lead healthier and more productive lives.
Be it through one-on-one sessions or training in a group environment, Agrios has the expertise and passion to motivate positive change.
Susan truly is in a class of her own. Her extensive qualifications include a BA in Psychology, a Bachelor of Education and multiple strength and conditioning certifications. She is also North America’s only fitness trainer with advanced training in Yoga Nidra as well as Level 2 Teacher Certification in Kundalini Yoga & Meditation. The former K-12 schoolteacher is an internationally recognized elite athlete with a portfolio of remarkable achievements.
Susan is both knowledgeable and determined. In the 1990’s she required multiple knee surgeries as a result of serious injuries from soccer. Although doctors told her she would never compete again, she proved them wrong. This experience has shaped the trainer she is today. Susan is committed to fostering a safe training environment where people get results.
Over the last decade, Susan has been recognized multiple times for her passion and perseverance. These achievements include:
- Three silver medals at the 2013 World Master Games in weightlifting and cycling as well as a World Master Games weightlifting record,
- Canadian Masters National Record Holder in weightlifting in 63kg and 69kg categories for the Clean & Jerk and Total, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,
- Winner of the Salute to Excellence Individual Performance Award from the City Of Edmonton in both 2005 and 2013,
- Three gold and two silver medals for badminton and weightlifting at the World Master Games in 2002 and 2005,
- Winner of the the 2005 Pan American Standard Achievement Award for Women as well as the 2004 National Standard Achievement Award for Women, and
- Many, many more impressive competition placings and prestigious awards.
The combination of Susan’s formal education, athletic background, and extensive career experience, makes her an unique industry asset. This is someone that truly understands the mind body connection and knows how to empower people to make life altering decisions. In fact to date Susan has inspired thousands to improve their Mindfitness and she has no intention of slowing down.
- President & CEO of Agrios Mindfitness, 2003-present
- International Speaker & Presenter for Fitness, Yoga & Meditation, 2006-present
- Personal Fitness Trainer/Sport Performance Specialist/Strength and Conditioning Specialist, 1995-present
- ATB Corporate FItness Trainer/ Health & Wellness Advisor, 2011 & 2012
- Kundalini Yoga & Meditation Teacher, 2007-present
- Yoga Nidra Teacher, 2005-present
- K-12 School Teacher, 1995-2004
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology
- Bachelor of Education Degree
- Internationally Certified Level 2 Kundalini Yoga & Meditation Teacher (Yoga Alliance 500+ hours)
- Level 2 International Certification in Authentic Relationships, Vitality & Stress, Mind & Meditation, Conscious Communication, Lifecycles & Lifestyles
- Yoga Nidra (guided meditation) Advanced Instructor Training
- NCCP Olympic Weightlifting Certification
- Certified Level 2 Excelerate Sport Performance and Sport Movement Specialist
- NCCP Level 1 and 2 Badminton coaching certification (general theory, technical and practical)
- BOSU Integrated Balance Training Certification
- Sport Balance Specialist Certification
- TRX Suspension Training Certification
- MELT Method Hand and Foot Certified Instructor
- Gold medallist at the 2015 European Master Games in Cycling
- World Master Games Weightlifting Record Holder for the Snatch in 63kg category
- Silver medallist at the 2013 World Master Games in Weightlifting & Cycling
- Silver medallist at the 2013 World Master Weightlifting Championships
- Canadian Masters National Record Holder in weightlifting in 63kg category for the Clean & Jerk and Total, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Salute to Excellence Individual Performance Award from the City Of Edmonton, 2005, 2013
- Canadian Masters National Record Holder in weightlifting in 69kg category for the Snatch, Clean & Jerk and Total, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Canmore Team Triathlon Gold Medallist, 2010
- Pan American Standard Achievement Award for Women, 2005
- Team gold medallist in badminton at the World Master Games in Edmonton, July 2005
- Silver medallist in weightlifting at the World Master Games in Edmonton, July 2005
- National Standard Achievement Award for Women, 2004
- Yonex Alberta Series Gold Medalist in badminton (doubles), 2004
- Double gold medallist in badminton (ladies singles and doubles) at the World Master Games in Melbourne, Australia, October 2002
- Silver medalist in weightlifting at the World Master Games in Melbourne, Australia, October 2002
- Alberta Provincial Weightlifting Record Holder for seniors and juniors 2002/2003
- Canadian Master record holder in weightlifting, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Alberta Provincial Weightlifting Qualifying Team Member 2002, 2003, 2004
- Alberta Weightlifting Association 2002 International Award
- Board Member of The Canadian Athletic Coaching Centre Management Committee, 2005-2014
- Director of The Edmonton Sports Council, 2003-2006
- Writer and Developer for Resource Development Project for Alberta Learning and Edmonton 2001 World Championships in Athletic, 2000-2001
- Designer, Consultant and Developer for several fitness facilities, 2001-present
- Education and Sponsorship Committee Member for Edmonton 2001 World Championships in Athletics, 2000 & 2001
- Organizing Committee Member and Liaison for Edmonton 2001 World Championships in Athletics 2000 & 2001
- Alberta Summer Games badminton coach of two time silver medal team, 2001 & 2003
- Various junior high and high school badminton teams as well as elementary/junior high track and field, badminton, baseball, soccer and basketball teams, 1996-2004.
- Gold Medal Provincial High School Badminton Coach
- Badminton instructor/coach for children to adults, 1993-present